Quick Salmon Brunch
- Half Avacado
- Half a Pack of Smoked Salmon
- Two free range eggs
- Vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of Salt
Swap the Avacado for whatever veg you feel like. Add a muffin, sourdough or quirky bread to add a few more carbs.
- Chopping board
- Microwave egg poacher (a couple of quid)
1. Prepare your avocado. Slice in half. Twist the avocado, peel and chop into small pieces
2. Prepare the poached eggs by: heating the hot water in your poacher for two minutes with a dash of (apple cider) vinegar. Make sure you leave a small gap between the top of the poached and the water.
3. Once the water is heated, immediately, but gently crack the eggs into the heated water and vinegar mix.
4. Put the eggs back in the micro for 45s – 60s. You may need more time. Each microwave is unique so experiment.
5. Once satisfied with your eggs gently drain the poached eggs. It’s okay if there’s a little water left.
6. Add a sprinkle of salt to the top of the eggs and let them steam for a bit.
7. Plate it up! Use a spoon to get the eggs out of the poacher.
- Follow the instructions on your egg poacher
- There are lots of videos on YouTube for how to poach eggs in microwave
- Eggs can explode in the microwave, learning the right amount of water to egg and cooking time takes a bit of experimentation. Perfect and repeat.